So firstly my apologies to all of the wonderful people who have helped me out with making this charity quilt -due to a buegroning load of commitments it's taken me a little longer than I'd have hoped to finally polish it off, but ...IT'S DONE! ...HURRAH!
|The last few hand stitches in the Dashwood 'Flurry' binding.|
|The quilt patch was applied with bondaweb then running stitched over the printed dash lines.|
|The finished size is approx 51" square.|
I won't go into the ins and outs of who the finished quilt is for or how we constructed it as those details can be found in the following posts:
I just wanted to share a few finished snaps and send huge virtual thank you hugs to everyone who made it possible.
- The Perchard clan who donated a massive 13 blocks between them!
- Kirsten at Make&Do for the kind use of the space (and letting us raid the scrap bin whilst we were there!).
- 'Little Fabric Bazaar' for the generous donation of the backing fabric.
- Andie for sending us beautiful blocks in the post (in the most adorable little washi packages!).
- Helen and Steph for coming along and
suffering the madnesscontributing more blocks.
Thanks again folks. I'm really proud to have put this together for such a great cause. It'll be displayed in the shop for a few weeks so that everyone can have a nose, then it's off in the post ahead of the October camps to finally meet it's recipient!
I'm embarking upon a second quilt myself and will happily organise another 'Quilt Bee' social so there will be more to come.